Job Vacancy: Finance and Procurement Assistant
The Guidance and Training Center (GTC) is a non-profit community mental health center, founded in 1994, based in Bethlehem. GTC’s mission is to provide preventive and therapeutic services in the area of mental health, especially for the child and family, and generally for the local community, and to pursue the development of knowledge, skills, and experiences of workers in this field and conduct research through programs that meet the needs of the target groups. The GTC is looking to recruit a “Finance and Procurement Assistant” according to the following requirements:
Contract Type: Project – full time
Contract Duration: One Year- Renewable
- Follow up with vendors/suppliers/ service providers.
- Receive and process all invoices, expense forms and requests for payments.
- Prepare supporting documents needed for payments as per GTC and Donor policies.
- Perform monthly Bank reconciliation.
- Assist in monitoring projects expenditure against budget.
- Hold the custody of the Petty cash , ensure the timely transactions for cash movement and replenishment of balance
- Assist procurement in preparing tender documents, collecting offers and documenting procurement process.
- Track procurement contracts with amounts due and payments made to date.
- Review payroll and salary sheets, and ensure that salary costs charged to the program are supported by time sheet, contracts and other supporting documents.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register and manage Office supplies inventory.
- Manage the repair, servicing and maintenance of GTC office including equipment and furniture and liaise with IT support.
- Provide other financial, administrative and logistical support to projects when needed.
Skills and qualifications required:
- B.A. in Accounting, or related disciplines.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of accounting software, MS Office (Advance excel skills is desired)
- Previous related experience with local NGOs working in Palestine.
- Capability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong ability to organize information and handle sensitive information with accuracy confidentiality.
- Resident of Bethlehem area.