Job Vacancy: Advocacy and Development Officer
The Guidance and Training Center (GTC) is a non-profit community mental health center, founded in 1994, based in Bethlehem. GTC’s mission is to provide preventive and therapeutic services in the area of mental health, especially for the child and family, and generally for the local community, and to pursue the development of knowledge, skills, and experiences of workers in this field and conduct research through programs that meet the needs of the target groups. The GTC is looking to recruit a “Advocacy and Development Officer” according to the following requirements:
Contract Type: Project – full time
Contract Duration: One Year- Renewable
- Contribute to planning, development, and implementation of GTC’s communications and advocacy work.
- Coordinate communication with media, including developing media contact list, press release writing, and interviews coordination.
- Coordinate the production of media and printed publications.
- Cooperate with GTC team to develop and provide regular update to website and social media presence.
- Identify key opportunities in to influence policy processes; and coordinate communication with decision makers.
- Identify opportunities for fundraising and provide support in proposal writing.
- Support Management and technical team in reporting.
Skills and qualifications required:
- B.A. in Business Marketing, Public Relations or other related disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Proficient in media management.
- Previous related experience with local NGOs working in Palestine.
- Capability to work independently and within a team.
- Resident of Bethlehem area.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and multimedia software tools.